At Anabode, we are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy, along with our Terms and Conditions and any other documents referred to within it, outlines how any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. By using the Anabode App (“the App”) or visiting our website at www.anabode.co (“our site”) you consent to the terms of this Policy and agree to be bound by it and our Terms and Conditions. If you do not agree with this Policy, do not access or use our Services or interact with any other aspect of our business.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the “Act”), the data controller is Anabode Limited (Company No. 09914949) of Elizabeth House, Waterloo, London SE1 7NQ.
Information We May Collect from You
We may collect and process the following data about you:
Information you give us. You may give us information about you by filling in forms through the App or on our site or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or some other means.
This includes information you provide when you register to use the App or our site, create an account, subscribe to the App, upload content to the App or our site, enter into a tenancy agreement, participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on our site, enter a competition, promotion or survey and when you report a problem with our site. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, financial and credit card information, personal description and photograph, gender, date of birth and nationality.
You may also you give us information about someone else. If you provide us with personal information about someone else, you must ensure that you are authorised to disclose that information to us and that, without us taking any further steps required by applicable data protection or privacy laws, Anabode may collect, use and disclose such information for the purposes described in this Policy.
This means that You must take reasonable steps to ensure the individual concerned is aware of and/or consents to the various matters detailed in this Policy, including the fact that their personal information is being collected, the purposes for which that information is being collected, the intended recipients of that information, the individual’s right to obtain access to that information, Anabode’s identity, and how to contact Anabode.
Where requested to do so by us, you must also assist us with any requests by the individual to access or update the personal information you have collected from them and entered into the App or our site.
All information is provided at your discretion. You may choose not to provide your personal information or information about others, but it may mean that this restricts your access to our services.
Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our site we may automatically collect the following information:
· technical information, including information about your computer, phone, tablet, or other devices you use to access the Services. This device information includes your connection type and settings when you install, access, update, or use our Services, the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
· information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
Information we receive from other sources . We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the services we provide. We are also working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, third parties who may offer goods or services which we believe may be of interest to you, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers) and may receive information about you from them.
Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies
Uses Made of the Information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
Information you give to us may be made available publicly to other users of the App or our site. Please do not share any information that you do not want to be made available to other users. We will also use information you give to us:
· to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
· to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
· to provide you with information about goods or services we feel may interest you. If you do not want us to use your data in this way do not tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data;
· to notify you about changes to the App or our service;
· to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
· to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
· to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
· to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
· as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
· to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
· to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
Information we receive from other sources. We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may us this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
Disclosure of Your Information
Anabode only discloses your Personal Information in limited circumstances. We may share your personal information with any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may share your information with selected third parties including:
· Other users of the App or our site in order for them and you to use the service.
· Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any agreement we or you enter into with them aligned to the service.
· Advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others.
· Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site using data.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
· In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
· If Anabode Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
· If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply the Terms and Conditions and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Anabode Limited our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Where We Store Your Personal Data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at email@example.com.
You have the right to as us to stop accessing, storing, using and otherwise processing your information where you believe we don't have the appropriate rights to do so. For example, if you believe a Services account was created for you without your permission or you are no longer an active user, you can request that we delete your account as provided in this policy. You can exercise the right at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Where you gave us consent to use your information for a limited purpose, you can contact us to withdraw that consent, but this will not affect any processing that has already taken place at the time.
You may opt out of receiving promotional communications from us by using the unsubscribe link within each email, updating your email preferences within your Service account settings menu, or by contacting us at email@example.com to have your contact information removed from our promotional email list or relevant database. Even after you opt out from receiving promotional messages from us, you will continue to receive transactional messages from us regarding our Services.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to Information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request should be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org, or by post to Customer Services, Anabode Limited, Elizabeth House, Waterloo, London SE1 7NQ.